Emergency Dental Help Line
Purchase Street Family Dental of Rye, New York understands that accidents happen and some accidents need to be treated immediately. When an emergency occurs we will do our absolute best to serve you immediately to prevent further damage. We will assist you in any dental emergency, below are a few common emergencies that we can assist you with:
- Toothache Relief– Regardless of where the pain is coming from, our emergency toothache care services offer a complete oral evaluation and our dentists will find where the pain is coming from and treat it immediately.
- Root Canal – Emergency root canals will be performed on patients whose tooth is still salvageable.
- Dental Abscess – Tooth extraction will predominantly be the best solution.
- Cavitiy Treatment– A simple surface cavity will need a filling, a deeper cavity will need a crown, a cavity that causes an infection will need a root canal, if untreated the tooth will need to be removed.
- Broken Tooth or Broken Teeth– Fix or extract broken tooth if necessary and as soon as possible.
- No Fault and Workers Comp Dentist Examinations– In the event of an accident our office will perform emergency evaluations
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – Wisdom teeth can cause irritation of the gums, surrounding teeth and can cause infection resulting in an immediate extraction
In the case of an emergency review the following tips as you wait to speak with or visit your dentist:
- Toothache – Rinse your mouth out with a mild antiseptic and follow with warm water. Apply an ice pack if necessary and take a pain reliever such as ibuprophen, Tylenol, or acetaminophen.
- Wisdom Teeth – If your wisdom teeth are causing discomfort or pain rinse with salt water and keep your mouth clean.
- Jaw pain– Pain relievers and minimal movement are your best option to avoid discomfort. Until seen by one of our specialists eat a soft food diet and avoid strenuous oral function.
- Sore and bleeding gums – Rinse with salt water to cleanse your mouth of bacteria and reduce swelling.
- Knocked out teeth – Save any adult tooth that has been salvaged for possible re-implantation. The faster you bring the tooth to the dentist the easier it will be to rejoin your tooth with your gum. Take a pain reliever as necessary.
- Burning in mouth – A common symptom of an allergic reaction is a burning mouth. Inflammation of the gums and tissue can cause severe swelling which can close your airways. Seek immediate help and stay in an area with fresh air and drink water.