Valium is a medication that possesses anxiolytic, muscular relaxant, sedative, and hypnotic and anticonvulsant properties.
Before telling about the mechanism of the effect of the considered medication, it should be understood what it is.
The proprietary name of Valium is Diazepam. This is a drug that belongs to a group of Benzodiazepines and is very significant for medicine.
Where to buy Valium (Diazepam) 10 mg onlineMedicine: Valium (Diazepam)
Dosage: 10 mg
Price: from $3.51 per pill
Get Started Today
A brief description of the drug
Valium is a medication that relieves inner anxiety, fear, worry, and stress due to its anxiolytic activity. Specialists claim that " Diazepam" has dose-dependent effects on the Central nervous system. In another word, small quantities of this drug (about 2-15 mg per day) produce a stimulant action, and in larger amounts (more than 15 mg per day) it has a sedative effect.
Characteristics of the drug
Why is a drug like Valium notable? The effect ("central muscle relaxant") of this medication is related to the slowing of polysynaptic reflections in the spinal cord.
Administration of this medication results in a decrease in arterial pressure, and dilation of coronary blood vessels, as well as increasing the brain's tolerance to hypoxia and raising the threshold of sensitivity to pain.
The Valium analogs below are absorbed by the gastrointestinal (when administered orally) tract. The absorption is 75% and the maximal level of absorption is reached after 1.5 hours.
The biological conversion of the drug takes place within the liver. The active metabolites are formed with a half-life. When administered to children, the drug achieves its effects after 30 hours, and in older and grown-up subjects, after 100 and 48 hours, correspondingly. In the case of hepatic pathology, the period increases to 4 days.
The preparation is taken out of a human organism mostly by the kidneys (90%) in a form of conjugates, also unchanged (2%), and with the feces (8%).
Directions for use
Valium Tablets are indicated in the following cases:
- Neurosis, boundary states with phenomena stress, anxiety, restlessness, fear;
- Disturbances of sleeping, motion sickness of different etiology in nervous and psychiatry, abstinence syndrome in chronic alcoholism
- Spastic states associated with brain or brain stem injuries, as as well as myositis, arthritis, accompanied by skeletal muscles strain; epilepsy status;
- Anesthesia pre-medication;
- As part of a combination of anesthesia;
- relief of childbirth, premature labor, and premature termination of the placenta;
Directions for use and dosage forms
The dosage and the duration of Valium can be prescribed only by an expert, taking into consideration both the type of the pathology itself and how serious its clinical symptoms are. Standard suggested dosages are frequently as follows:
- When treating anxiety phobia with neurosis, as also angina pain, hypochondria or hysteria, neurological pathology of the regenerative type, and blood pressure disorders, the drug should be taken 2-3 times a day in an amount of 5-10 mg;
- In the treatment of polyarthritis, arthritis, or osteoarthritis, as well as other joint diseases, 5 mg of the drug should be taken 1-4 times a day (the doctor determines the exact number of doses);
- For alcohol withdrawal syndrome, take 5 mg of Valium 3-4 times a day;
- for the treatment of vertebral syndrome, take the drug in the amount of 10 mg 4 times a day (bed rest should be observed);
- To eliminate climacteric, menstrual, or psychosomatic disorders, as well as ketosis, the tablets are taken in an amount of 2-5 mg, 3 times a day.
Elderly or weakened people, as well as patients with atherosclerosis, should take the drug twice a day in an initial dose of 2 mg. Then it is gradually increased until the desired drug effect is achieved.
Side effects of Valium solution and tablets
In addition, Valium may cause neutropenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, anemia, dry mouth, hiccups, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, stomach pain, tachycardia, decreased blood pressure, palpitation, urinary incontinence, renal dysfunction, decreased or increased libido, dysmenorrhea, allergies, depressed nervous system, breathing disorders, phlebitis, thrombosis.
There are also accounts of Valium causing visual and respiratory disturbances, weight loss, and bulimia. Keep in mind that the sedative is addictive and worsens when you stop taking it abruptly, so it is highly discouraged to buy Valium without a prescription and take it yourself.