Purchase Street Family Dental is focused on the importance of getting the procedure done correctly, but we also focus on your experience after the procedure. Follow some of these tips in the case you have had a procedure and need reassuring:
Apply a cold compress on the outside of the procedure site. Alternate in shifts of application of 15 minutes on, 10 minutes off. Do this until swelling resides.
- Apply gauze and keep pressure on the site of the procedure. Change the gauze frequently and apply pressure until bleeding stops.
- Do not rinse, drink, or eat solid foods.
- Do not drink from a straw for 24 hours.
- Avoid smoking for as long as possible as the chemicals can cause a severe infection.
- Take medication to relieve pain such as tylenol, ibuprofen, and acetaminophen.
- Avoid spice, sweet, and sour foods or drinks.
- Enjoy soft foods such as jello and ice cream.
- Only if directed rinse with salt water.