Dental Implants in Rye, New York: The Best Dental Implant Surgery Services in New York!
Getting Implants is a big financial decision. Feel free to check out Dental Implant Cost Break Down and How To Afford Dental Implants. Schedule your Free Consultation today at Purchase Street Family Dental (914)-921-5437!
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that can replace a missing tooth or teeth. Much like a real tooth, an implant will function as a real tooth and looks just as real. Implants are not only used for tooth replacement but are also used to support dental prostheses.
Dental implants will not only improve the visual presentation of your mouth, but it will also improve hygiene and how your mouth functions!
The Pros and Cons of Dental Implants
- Look natural
- Inserted into the jawbone to provide maximum stability and durability
- Comfortable as they fit precisely into the space of the missing tooth
- Capable of lasting a lifetime
- Functions just as a normal tooth does
- Requires healing time
- Causes pain and discomfort
- Multiple visits to the doctor for evaluations and prepping for surgery
How Can I Replace a Missing Tooth?
There are a few options available to patients with missing teeth but each option can vary. When considering tooth replacement our dentists will discuss with you the best solution for your teeth.
Purchase Street Family Dental will provide you with natural looking artificial teeth that will function as your normal teeth do and are durable and comfortable. Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for dental implants. A patient must undergo an evaluation by one of our dentists to ensure that you have enough bone volume in your gums to accept the tooth implant. You must be committed to regular visits with us to make sure the pre-surgery procedures and post-surgery healing is progressing as planned.
Dental Implants are a flexible solution that provides a natural feeling.
To ensure stability dental implants are surgically installed into the jawbone just as natural teeth’s roots are nestled within your jawbone. You can either have a single implant or you can have an anchor that will serve as a screw for more than one tooth, a bridge, or dentures. Implants serve as a comfortable substitute for missing teeth and most patients prefer implants over dentures.
About the Dental Implant Procedure
After a consultation with one of our dentists we will decide between two options: to have the procedure performed in our office or at a hospital. Before the procedure you will be induced with a local or general anesthetic to ease consciousness. We will begin the procedure by installing the anchor for the implant into your jaw bone. Once the anchor is inserted you will need several weeks to heal.
After you successfully heal you will be fitted for your artificial teeth and they will be attached to the anchor in your jaw. The surgery can take up to a few hours, the healing period may require up to six months for your bone to accept the anchor, and the final steps of the dental implant fittings can take up to two months. While the process may take quite some time, this is a durable and effective solution to missing teeth and it is a permanent option that will provide you with a fabulous smile!
Dental Implant Cost
Dental Implants can cost a lot of money as they are procedures that require a lot of patience, time, equipment, and each procedure is unique for the individual patient. Here at Purchase Street Family Dental in Rye, New York we are here to assist you in your dental implant solution. While the cost will vary from patient to patient, they are still the most cost effective solution to missing teeth. Dentures are weak ad can crack and break but with implants they are made to last permanently. If you are wondering if implants are an option, there is no need to worry about the cost, we offer multiple payment plans to accommodate all patients.
Problems with Dental Implants
After an implant procedure there is a possibility of the following potential issues:
- Peri-implantitis – caused by microbial infection of implant site. Symptoms include swelling and inflammation of the tissues surrounding the dental implants. In severe cases, Peri-Implantitis may lead to severe and permanent damage of the jawbone.
- You may feel discomfort in your surrounding teeth. This will subside in a few days.
- The dental implant may reject your bone and can break and although it is unlikely it should be immediately tended to.
- Nerve damage at the dental implant site can occur if the implant is shifted or moved. If this should happen you must contact us immediately so we can either fix the problem or remove and replace the implant to avoid further damage.
- You can develop a sinus infection if the implants in your upper jaw become infected. This is cured with simple antibiotics.
Implant Options We Offer At Our Office: