INVISALIGN: The Alternative to Metal Braces.
Do you want a beautiful smile but don’t want to go through the trouble of braces? Purchase Street Family Dental in Rye, New York will provide you with the best alternative to metal braces: Invisalign. This clear plate will fix your smile and no one will even notice! This painless transparent mold will shape your teeth into a perfect smile. Call us today to schedule your appointment for Invisalign Invisible Braces!
What is Invisalign?
When creating the Invisalign specifically for your teeth using x-rays, photographs, and CT scans, the computer builds a 3-d replica of the plate for your mouth. This uniquely molded plate will not irritate your gums or do damage to your teeth and the straightening process is faster and more comfortable than traditional metal braces. It is used to create the same effect as traditional braces, but invisible braces are even better.
The Benefits of Using Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear. The invisible plate does not put severe pressure on teeth and because it is removable you can remove it anytime, anywhere.
- Invisalign is transparent, making it virtually invisible. No one will even know you are wearing it.
- With traditional braces, hygiene is a leading issue. It can damage the enamel and stain your teeth. It’s hard to clean between the wires which lead to cavities. Invisalign is a removable plate that should be cleaned daily, but in no way does it affect the oral hygiene of your teeth if used properly.
The Process to Receiving Invisalign
Using 3-D computer imaging scans we are able to determine the complete steps from beginning to end that your teeth will undergo during the Invisalign treatment. This means that we will accurately predict and show you how your teeth will finally look. We will mold these scans and in increments of two weeks, you will switch to the new mold for the next step in the alignment improvement. You will wear your Invisalign until your invisible retainers run out.
Does Invisalign Look Like Traditional Braces?
Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign is “invisible”. These transparent retainers are unnoticeable and they are much more comfortable that traditional braces.
- They are invisible!
- With the use of high tech equipment, we can give you an approximate estimate for how long the procedure will take before achieving complete alignment.
- We are able to show you an accurate presentation of what you can expect your teeth to look like by the time the process is over.
- You may speak with a lisp while wearing Invisalign
- You will feel some discomfort between the bi weekly fittings for Invisalign
- They are more costly than traditional metal braces
How much does Invisalign Cost?
Invisalign varies between patients and the amount of work they need to have done. Schedule an appointment with our office for you Invisalign consultation, we would love to improve your smile!
How Long Does Invisalign Take to Work?
Treatment can take anywhere between one month to a year. The time it will take varies based on the severity of treatment necessary. To ensure a successful treatment, the transparent retainer must be worn at least 20 hours a day.
Invisalign for Teens
Teens get top of the line special effects when it comes to Invisalign. Blue wear-indicators turn from blue to transparent to help your teen measure wear time and just in case a retainer gets lost it comes with six free individual replacements.
- Soak your retainer for one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening to rid of debris and bacteria. This is important to keep your teeth healthy and clean.
- If you don’t have any denture tablets for cleaning, baking soda is another alternative. Dissolve one tablespoon of baking soda in water and let it soak.
- Brush retainers lightly after soaking to rid of cleaner solution then rinse.